Introductions

Welcome to the Communities of Practice forum! What brings you here? Introduce yourself: tell us where you’re from and the CoP you’re interested in contributing to.

Hi I’m Macaco Tamerice, part of the NSC and I’m so excited about this new possibility of involvement for all. I’m a long term resident of Damanhur and have been involved with GEN since 2007.

1 Like

Hi ! I am Yuluka from Colombia. I live in Aldeafeliz a 17 years old Ecovillage in the center of the Country . I am part of CASA Colombia, CASA Latina and now I am a CASA´s representative in the NSC of GEN. I am a sociocracy trainer and also a promoter of the rights of Mother Earth. I wrote a little book about the pedagogical strategy we use to promote the Rights of Mother Earth called “Community Living Aulas for the Mother Earth Rights” that is available to download at the CASA Latina Site.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Rob Wheeler. I live at the Ecovillage Training Center at The Farm in Tennessee. I have represented GEN at the UN for the past 20 some years participating in the processes on Sustainable Development and Climate Change, etc. I also represent GEN on the Advisory Council of the Ecosystem Restoration Camps Foundation. I put together the content for a special web section on GEN’s website for the Paris Climate Summit Conference with examples of best practices being carried out in ecovillage communities to address climate change at: www.ecovillage.org/climatesolutions. I am facilitating the CoPs on Ecosystem Restoration and on GEN’s UN Advocacy efforts. Let us know if you are interested in participating in either.

Good day all :slight_smile:

My name is Renke Barendrecht, 37 years old from the Netherlands. I’m currently living in Norway but I’m looking to join a community within the next 6 months to 2 year in Europe with a people who share my focus on the following topics:

• Climate resilient location (finding the perfect location with future climate projections that will not be too hot, prone to floods, ground water depletion, a stable place out of the way of potential chaotic post-growth societal collapse hotspots.

• Sustainable living (plant-based, own food production, strawbale house building to name a few)

• Sustainable travel (using electric cargo bikes, setting up a bike workshop… also I’m struggling with “fun flying” environmentalists)

• Sustainable consumption patterns (always looking for reused and trying very hard to not buy from outside of Europe)

Besides these (rigid) focus points above I’m a fun, adventurous and broadly educated person who wants to be part of a (new) community that will thrive in the upcoming post-growth world. Most conspiracy theories can agitate me somewhat. I would love to brainstorm with everyone that can recognize themselves in the above points. I’m always ready to change my mind if presented with good data. The people I best get along with also have the mental flexibility to be able to adjust their opinions :slight_smile:

I’ve been able to save up to help realize my eco village dream/escape :wink:

Please send me an email on renke.barendrecht@gmail.com if you would like to have a chat!

1 Like